How does the Alka bottle filters the water ?
The Alka bottle has activate carbon as filtration media in the cartridge. Same as the Alka Jug. You need to shake the bottle several times in the course of approx 5 minutes after you have filled in tap water for the filter media to get in contact with the water.
How do I fix a slight bottle leakage?
1) Check the bottom base: Ensure that the bottom base is tightly screwed on.
2) Verify the silicone seal: Check if the silicone seal of the bottom/base is correctly aligned. Misalignment can contribute to leakage.
3) Inspect the lid seal: Examine the seal or gasket within the bottle lid. If it appears damaged or worn out, replacing the seal may resolve the leakage problem.
4) Use an upright position: Keep the bottle upright, especially when placed inside a bag. This helps prevent any potential leakage through the top lid.
5) Tighten the lid: Ensure that the bottle lid or cap is securely tightened. Sometimes, a loose lid can result in leakage.
6) Check for cracks or damage: Thoroughly inspect the bottle for any visible cracks, chips, or damage that could be causing the leakage. If any damage is found, it may be necessary to replace the bottle.
7) Use the bottle with the filter: This bottle was designed to have the filer inside of it, without the filter it may not seal properly
8) Please ensure proper assembly of the bottle to prevent any leakage. The body of the bottle consists of two threads: the bottom thread is longer than the top. To correctly assemble the bottle, attach the base of the bottle to the bottom thread, and place the top lid on the other side. This ensures a proper fit and prevents any potential leakage issues.
How can I set the life indicator on my bottle when I replace my cartridge ?
Please refer to the Alka Bottle manual - Step 4 ) How to Program the Filter Life Indicator.
Alka Bottle Replacement cartridges - Triple pack